Reliance Retail Limited, having its registered address at 3rd Floor, Court House, Lokmanya Tilak Marg, Dhobi Talao, Mumbai-400 002 (“Reliance”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is managing and operating the mobile application/ website, through which it inter alia facilitates the sale of its products (“Products”) to the users of the Platform (“User” or “you” or “your”).
Upon your acceptance of terms and conditions as set out under this policy (“Warranty Policy”), we provide this warranty to you that the Products will be free from manufacturing defects and defects in design and workmanship (“Warranty”).
- Warranty Period: The Warranty provided under this Warranty Policy shall commence on the date of delivery of Product to you and the Warranty for each product shall be listed on the product detail page with the complete description about the product (“Warranty Period”).
Eligibility: This Warranty is non-transferrable and to be eligible for this Warranty, you must present a valid invoice in respect of the Product, as and when requested by us or our representative(s).Any modifications or alterations made to the products post purchase are not recommended and will void the entire Warranty.
- Reliance Responsibilities: Subject to the conditions listed on the respective product details page and during the Warranty Period, Reliance at its discretion would (a) repair the damaged Product, (b) replace the damaged Product with new Product, or (c) refund to you the purchase price of the damaged Product, as per the following:
(a) In case of repairing any damaged Product under this Warranty, we will pick up the damaged Product from the address where such Product was delivered and after repairing, we will deliver the repaired Product back to the original delivery address. However, upon your request and at our discretion, we may agree to ship the repaired Product at an address other than the original Product delivery address.
(b) Replacement of the damaged Product will also be delivered to the address where such damaged Product was originally shipped. At the time of delivery, we will collect the damaged Product as well. However, at our discretion and upon your request, we may agree to ship the replaced Product at an address other than the original Product delivery address.
(c) Refunds, if any, in case of pre-paid orders, shall be credited to the same account through which the original order for the Product(s) and its payment thereof, was made. A valid refund claim under the Warranty Policy shall only be processed upon successful pick up of the damaged Product by us.
- Exclusions: This Warranty does not cover following type of damages, defects identified like damages due to inadequate maintenance of the product, Mishandling, excessive loading and negligence in usage. This Warranty will also not cover wear and tear due to regular usage of the product as well as any variations due to natural characteristics of the materials used. Reliance’s decision shall be final with respect to nature of defect and applicability of Warranty.
- Disclaimer: Reliance shall not, under any circumstance, whether as a result of breach of contract or warranty, tort, or otherwise, be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages, including loss of profits or revenues or any other costs or damages. This Warranty shall not in any manner extend to personal injury and/ or death caused by the User’s own negligence or omissions. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, the remedies in this Warranty are your sole and exclusive remedies and Reliance’s total liability, relating to or arising out of your purchase or use of Product or damage thereto, regardless of the type or cause of such damage or the characterization of the claim asserted (whether in contract or tort), shall not under any circumstances exceed the Product’s purchase price as on the invoice. This Warranty does not cover: (a) minor imperfections in the Product that broadly meet design specifications, or imperfections that do not materially alter the Product’s functionality; and (b) claims arising out of the Product’s dissimilarity with the images appearing on the Platform. You are required to satisfy yourself regarding the suitability of the Product before making any purchase. Reliance does not make any representation or warranty as to the suitability of the Product for any particular use. Reliance is not liable to fulfill any responsibility in case of an invalid or wrongful Warranty claim. Reliance makes no assurance, representation or warranty that the replaced Product will be identical or similar to the Product you purchased. Reliance reserves the right to be the sole judge as to whether the Product is a damaged Product and its decision in this regard shall be final. Reliance further reserves the right to charge the claimant for any reasonable and applicable costs and expenses (at prevailing rates) relating to or arising out of the repair or replacement of the Product.
In the event that a specific set of warranty(s) for any Product or service is provided by a third party i.e. by a manufacturer of the Product that is offered on the Urban Ladder Platform or a third party from whom the Product has originated or a third party service provider, such warranty claims are amongst and between the third party and you. Reliance shall not be liable or responsible for any such warranty(s). We do not take any obligation to mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between you and such third party.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction: This Warranty Policy shall be governed by laws of India and all claims arising from this Warranty Policy shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Amendment: Reliance reserves the right to modify or amend the terms and conditions herein due to change(s) in availability of services, Products and/ or spare parts or for the purposes of complying with applicable policies, rules, regulations and law, with or without notice.
- Contact Us: If you want to make a Warranty claim during the Warranty Period, please contact our customer support team at the details provided below, along with the invoice and Product details, who will assist you with the Warranty claim process: